A common question for today’s bride is, do I need to make a weeding registry? Ultimately the answer is that it’s up to you as a couple. Let’s look at the Pros and Cons:
- It helps your guests with picking out a gift for you as a couple. It can sometimes be overwhelming as a guest to find the perfect gift for you both, with a registry they can see exactly what you both may want or need and are able to pick from a set list.
- You and your fiancé can control what you are getting in so there are no repeats of items you already have. It can help you to organize your belongings and tell your guests what you need so it can prepare you for a fully stocked married life!
- With the money you will save buying items you may need for your kitchen, decorating or bathroom you and your soon to be hubbby may be able to put more away to buy that first house or go on that lavish honeymoon you both wanted.
- Some couples now a day have been living together for quite some time before getting married and you may have everything you need, this could make having a registry difficult if there aren’t really low cost items you are looking for.
- You may just want to put money away for a house together. Unfortunately it isn’t totally socially acceptable to ask for only money for your wedding but maybe that is all you want or need, a gift registry can close the door for other options from your guests.
- Space at your reception will have to be put aside for a gift table with a registry. It also puts a bit of a strain on guests that feel they need to bring a gift. With a large table of gifts it may limit your space and your guests could be uncomfortable at the idea.
In the end you and your fiancés should organize your space, evaluate your needs and decide if a gift registry is really for you. In the end it’s the people that are there for your special day and not the gifts they bring, but any little bit helps!